Me and my pops
Another... closer but not as good (of me)

I just wanted to share that I am absolutely LOVING how
Georgia vs. Texas... 3 hour flight vs. 45 min flight... 14 hour drive vs. 4 hour drive...
And by no means am I complaining when I say - they aren't close enough yet!
I was able to decide, very last minute, to go see them this past weekend. I got up early - like before dawn early - on Saturday and made the drive so I was there to sit down and eat breakfast with mom!
We went out and about...
ate dinner...
relaxed...
went to church on Sunday morning...
had lunch...
relaxed...
and then I drove back home! I did get stuck in a horrible traffic jam on my way home but Kobi was with me to keep me company... Kobi - our hairy son...
Kobi does so good in the car too.
I have no idea what made him that way but I don't complain!
He just sleeps.
The entire way.
Wherever we go and however long we are in the car.
Anyway, I believe I have seen mom and dad more in the last 2 months than I did in the last 3 years while they were in Georgia! I love it! Mom works from home so she has a bit more flexibility on travel than dad does so I still see her more, but still, better once a month than twice a year!
I don't know what I'd do without my parents. I am fond of the idea of living like the Barone's - from Everybody Loves Raymond - with my parents living right across the street...
Notice I said 'I am fond of the IDEA'...
If it were real life... okay, okay... maybe not so much!
I love you more, mom and dad! I really do!

No comments:
Post a Comment